Monday, March 3, 2008

Sunday

I had my second facial interview yesterday.  My technique was a tad Jack Tripper.  I was obviously out of practice.  It was understandable that I was awkward with the products and the unfamiliar environment...I mean you don't just throw heated hand mitts at a girl and not expect a little slapstick.  I'm convinced that the esthetician who received the facial noticed every amateurish mistake I made.  She was generous when I asked her how I did.  She said my pressure was really good.  

She is supposed to give me a facial next.  One of the many perks of this job,...this is actually part of my training.  The store manager is going to call to arrange my next training.  I am assuming that I am hired.  It is hard to tell.  Since day one I have felt completely at home but nothing official has been done to hire me.  

A. panicked a little bit when I told him I wasn't feeling any pressure to find a job.  I had to explain that it just means that the way I look at things has changed so much since getting pregnant and quitting my job.  I realize that I can trust myself to move ahead.  Change is scary. The things that have happened for me in the past year have been anything but.  I feel like I am just starting to live with purpose.  So far, I have been able to check several things off of my 5 year plan.  My recent good fortune just makes me feel like I can accomplish all of it!

No comments: