Monday, April 21, 2008

What I'm Using

Philosophy Microdelivery Peel



It's a two part exfoliating system. Not as complicated as it sound. Just gently rub the vitamin-C peptide crystals onto your skin and then put the lactic/ salicylic acid "activator" on top. Leave it on for a few minutes to really let those vitamins sink in and allow the acids to do their thang. 
 
What you are getting is a double exfoliation: 

manual: from the crystals
and
chemical: from the lactic/ salicylic combo

The vitamin-C will brighten your skin like nothing else. It's a wonderful antioxidant for fighting age and environmental attack. I have sensitive skin and this product has never left me scratched-up. As a matter of fact, I always end up with a bright, even complexion that people really notice. But, respect the warning to "...not scrub, only massage". A time or two I thought...'but, I haven't exfoliated in a while and my skin is pretty dull and they must not be talking to ME...'and, yes, I looked like the victim of a sandpaper assault. It isn't necessary [or advisable]. This product is expensive for a reason. Just relax and let it do the work for you. 

This stuff is chock full of power ingredients in big doses. It is worth the investment. I bought mine in August and I still have lots left. 

Photobucket
For those who don't have the dough, you could still get some benefits from a home scrub.  From your kitchen, I suggest some brown sugar and sea salt in a base of olive oil and a touch of honey for a manual scrub. Pulverize some strawberries to deliver your alpha-hydroxy acid. Mix in a little yogurt if you want to make it gentler. Don't forget to apply your sunscreen, beautiful!

1 comment:

Eva said...

Oooh...I have all these items here at home in my kitchen. Could be an entertaining day. Thanks for the idea!